Convert Paper-based Systems to Mobile APPS
Paper-based systems are commonplace within the construction industry, and a proven time tested method that has worked for decades. There are however numerous downsides to this method, some of which are listed below. An alternative approach is to digitise paperwork into powerful mobile APPS.
Some of the downsides to paper-work:-
- Lost or Damaged – Paperwork is frequently post in transit or becomes illegible due to construction site conditions
- Duplication – Additional work is undertaken when information is read from the paperwork and entered onto a computer system
- Timeliness – Some types of information can be out of date by the time it reaches the office as paperwork can take days if not weeks to pass from site to the office
- Productivity – Can be under threat when not having up-to-date business information in order to make decisions
- Accuracy – The re-entry of information from paper to computer systems can introduce inaccuracies
- Increased Costs – If the information being used to make contract decisions if out-of-date then the business and costs can easily spiral out of control
Introducing the Paper to Mobile APP Service
Explore a new way of working – our paper to mobile APP development service eliminates the issues surrounding paper-based systems by converting them to powerful mobile APPS that will run on tablets and smartphones, even when the worker if offline. These enterprise-grade mobile apps will dramatically speed-up data-capture and increase data accuracy.
We work with clients and simply convert any paper-based system into a mobile app that can be used both online and in an offline scenario along with full data synchronisation once a mobile signal or WiFi connection is established. Our capabilities include:-
- Capturing pictures (with annotation), audio, voice to text, signatures, bar codes, geo-location, date and time stamps
- Operates online/offline with the ability to fully synchronise once connected to WiFi or a mobile telephone network (3G/4G)
- Works standalone with data output to back-end company or cloud databases
- Includes custom data entry controls and keyboards that optimise all device screens providing bespoke buttons for operatives in the field
- Quickly digitising paper / business processes & workflows
- Integration with back-end systems
- Responsive design to ensure all device sizes are compatible
- Cross platform operation including iOS, Android and Windows
- End product provided as a service
What are the Business Benefits?
The business benefits vary from application to application however common benefits are:-
- Time savings both at site level and in the office
- Real-time information available in the office
- Quality issues can be flagged immediately as a result of having up-to-date information
- Improves productivity
- Improved control and retention of records including archiving and destruction
Some Example Paper to Mobile APP Cases
We can convert any paper-based process to a mobile application that can be used on a huge variety of mobile devices running iOS and Android, some example applications are:-
- Site Diaries
- Inspection Forms
- Health & Safety Forms
- HR Forms
- Equipment & Material Requisitions
- Risk Assessments
- Expense Forms
- Production Logs
Complex Mobile APPS
There are cases where the business might need to scope applications that go beyond a simple paper to digital conversion, in these cases we can design, build, test and deploy APPS from scratch.
Applications currently under development are:-
- Pile Log Manager – A mobile APP designed for piling companies to capture pile log data using rugged tablets
- Time-Sheet – A mobile APP designed for construction companies allows mobile personnel to record time-sheet data using smartphones and tablets. The data is collated, checked by personnel at the office using an authorisation process (accessible via a web browser) and the output can be formatted in any required format for import into Payroll systems such as COINS, Sage etc.
Contact us now to discuss how we can help you and your business.